30 Helpful Resources For Your Career in Tech Especially During Tech Layoff 2022
While no company could ever guarantee your job security, you can create your own career security
If you work in the tech industry, you have no doubt been hearing about Big Tech and many hyper-growth startups slowing down their hiring and having layoffs. Just this morning, Meta (the parent company of Facebook) let go 11,000 of its employees in what is considered to be the biggest tech layoff of 2022.
While no company was ever able to guarantee your job security, during good times where tech industry was doing really well, you may feel like you had such security. While I can’t make macroeconomic conditions better, I want to help where I can. I want to help you build your skills, elevate your mindset and share strategies and tactics for your career so that you don’t need to be afraid or discouraged of any setback. To that tend, I have put together a collection of resources that I’ve created in the past for tech professionals in this article. If you have been let go recently, or you are feeling worried about being the next one to let go, I hope you find these resources helpful.
Start over (if you need or want to)
- 5 Steps to Creating a Resume for Tech Jobs
- Five Essential Methods To Creating A Great Data Scientist Resume
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Notion For Your Online Resume
- How To Increase Your Visibility As A Developer Via Your Personal Brand
- 10 Unforgivable Phrases Developers Should Stop Saying at Interviews
- 10 Unacceptable Responses That You Should Not Give at a Job Interview
- Four Steps To Take When Preparing for Interviews at Tech Companies
- Four Steps To Take After Your Unsuccessful Job Interview
- 5 Tips for Making a Decision When You Have Multiple Job Offers
- Take this quiz to test your understanding on common interview process at tech companies